Re: KNO3

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 09:59:39 -0500 (EST)
From: Tim Mullins <tmullins at telerama_com>
To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
Subject: Re: KNO3

"Kevin M. Hanson" <kmhanson at sprintmail_com> wrote

> I keep reading about adding nitrates to a tank and people suggesting KNO3.
> But, what is KNO3 and where can I get it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

Greenlight's "Stump Away", available at Heckingers,
Home Depot, etc is a good source of KNO3 (Potassium
Nitrate). I called the Greenlight awhile ago and
they told me the onlything in "Stump Away" is
agricultural grade KNO3. I've used it for years
now with no adverse effects. You can get a pint
sized jar for around 4 bucks.

Some mail order sources:

ECO Enterprises  1-800-426-6937
     1240 NE 175th Street, Seattle WA