Re: PETA, not the other side, THE FAR SIDE !

Aaron, I appreciate the thought that went into your post and tend to agree
with most of it.

My problem with PETA is the same as with many similar organizations.
They mean well and they "care", therefore everyone excuses them for their
mistakes, errors, and sometimes even malicious actions.

You read it that they are mainly objecting to the keeping of " Salt water
Fishes".
I disagree. They say" Fishes in Tanks: NO THANKS !"

Their whole platform leaves no room for moderation. With their attitude,
either you are for them, or, you are against them ! They don't allow middle
ground.

I happen to agree with quite a few point they make and would support some of
their views, however, with their attitude they do as much harm as good. Look
at
some of the stupid laws passed about plants and their transportation in
certain states.
I'm not blaming PETA for them but other similar organizations.

People like this are teaching our children that the aquarium hobby is a
terrible thing.

Sorry to rant like this, but I'm tired of overlooking or forgiveing people
because they "meant well"
even though they harmed many people. PETA would do away with the Aquarium
Industry if the had their way.

I wonder if an E-Mail from every hobbiest about the way they present their
subject would help?
It probably would'nt, but it sure would keep them busy.

Enough said from someone that says "other" people take themselves too
seriously !

Scotty
scottyflag at enter_net
"I will never live my life for another human being, nor allow
   another human being live their life for me" - John Galt
Fight SPAM !  Join CAUCE !  http://www.cauce.org