Water Conditioners

George wrote:

>>It depends to a great deal on which water conditioner you use. If it's
a simple dechlorinator, there is no problem.  If it does something
with "heavy metals", it will probably affect trace elements like iron.
Some even have phosphates as buffers (StressCoat, I believe).>>

Thanks George.  Will a "simple dechlorinator" handle chloramines
(whatever they are)?  Apparently the tap water here in San Francisco has
chloramines added.  So I'm guessing that unless chloramines are okay for
plants and fish (are they?), I've got to use a conditioner that handles
them as well.

Can anyone suggest some commercial brands of "simple dechlorinators"?

Regards, Steve