DIY CO2 Diffuser

> Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 22:35:59 -0500 (EST)
> From: MidMOPub at aol_com
>
> I am interested in creating a DIY CO2 diffuser for my 125 gal planted
> tank. I research the archives and found some very good examples. I am
> going to attempt to create a counter current reactor from a small
> power head and a uplift tube. Can anybody suggest powerhead?

We used a Hagen Aquaclear 201 (PetWarehouse #120090, $12.95). They are
adjustable (in my case I ran it "wide open").  Use a short length of
vinyl tubing to connect the outlet to the tube.  It has a plastic
strainer built in that will keep debris out of the powerhead.  For
even better straining, you can use the inlet strainer from a Magnum
filter (part of PW #117592, $4.35) - it slips right on.

For a tube, we used a Python gravel vacuum tube (10", PW #157764,
$7.98 or 20", PW #157777, $9.90). The tube is wide enough to have
plenty of room for an airstone and the powerhead generates just enough
flow.  The green hose barb at the end is just right for a piece of
5/8" vinyl hose (which is just right for the powerhead outlet).

There is an ASCII drawing of this on my website (might be archived in
the Krib).  There is also a photo of this setup in the December AFM.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at fii_com)
Need Info?  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts.htm