[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: QYNGA - ORP levels for Freshwater Planted Tanks
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: QYNGA - ORP levels for Freshwater Planted Tanks
- From: "Louis Lin" <lhclin at aw_sgi.com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:32:41 -0500
- In-Reply-To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest) "Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #1088" (Nov 20, 3:48am)
- References: <199711200848.DAA15969 at acme_actwin.com>
David Aiken wrote:
> Other comments made are that as the redox potential falls, ammonia
> becomes favoured over nitrate between +450 and +300 mV ( a later comment
> says at less than +350 mV), and Fe2+ over Fe3+ at between +300 and +200
> Does +500 mV sound like a reasonable ball park figure to aim for? I hope
> so because I'd hate for you to stop reading this list <g>.
But plants cannot take the Fe3+, which means all liquid iron
supplement will oxide quickly. You better have a good substrate that
can supplement the iron or reduce the Fe3+.
More money to Dupla, I guess :).
Louis Lin lhclin at aw_sgi.com
"Plan B: Dilbertize the enemy."