RE: White stuff on bell

      This may be "marl".   As CO-2 is removed from equilibrium calcium
carbonate may precipitate, often on the surfaces of the plants which remove
the CO-2 from equilibrium.  In this case the plant may be some sort of
filamentous algae that has attached itself to the bell.
     I'm just sort of wondering out loud here.  I know this topic has been on
the list before, but I paid no attention then as my chemistry tolerance at
the time was much lower than it is now.  I'm currently enrolled in a
Limnology course (using Horne and Goldman as text) and I couldn't stop
thinking of this phenomenon while the professor was discussing marl.
                  Tony Thorpe

<< >A very strange thing is happening with my yeast method and my Tetra CO2