Re: Small Vals

Michael

Corkscrew val doesnt usually grow more than about 12 inches for
me. I think it looks cool.
As a side note I once bought some Italian val and placed it in a low
light low tech tank. This plant was insane. It eventually grew
like crazy with runners everywhere and "leaves" about 2 feet long
which covered every available surface area. This was in a 20 gal
so imagine the impact. But I hate throwing out plants so I
planted a clump in another tank with much higher light (over
2W/gal). In it's new home it's under control and it's longest blade is approx.
18 inches.
I guess it just wanted more light (I still aggressively trim the
abundant runners though).
That's my story.

Marshall Wilkinson
Calgary Alberta