Wild Plants, Ceomat

> From: "seebee" <fishboy at cherry_com.au>
> Subject: re: Most plants in  the wild are, IMO, very ugly

> > Most plants in  the wild are, IMO, very ugly -- but they are cultivated by growers and
> > become gorgeous.  You would never know that they are the same plant!
> >

> obviosly you have not been to the kimberlys in australia.......  [...]
> The place that i went was dubbed dupla creek by my co-travellers by the
> comments i was yellling through my snorkel..
[...]
> if only you could see the underwater video i took there....:)

For another example, see
http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/Krib/Plants/Plants/NZ/
(yes, that's really "Plants/Plants"), an article on New Zealand native
plants from a few years ago, written by John Clayton.  There are some
stunning pictures at the end.

On a personal note, I was blown away last year when my wife and I saw
Echinodorus cordifolius growing out in the wild in Houston TX, just as
pretty as tank specimens.  And on a river trip earlier this year, huge
beds of watercress (we are guessing) growing in side creeks... amazing.
And of course, nature has SPACE, so you can get meadows of the stuff,
which can not be duplicated in any home aquarium (OK, maybe the Dupla
one).

> From: Art Urban <urban at fsl_noaa.gov>
> Subject: Ceomat CO2 Generator Experiences?
>
> I was wondering if anybody has experience with the
> Ceomat CO2 product? I know that solutions like this go
> against the grain of the List, but I'm not sure I want
> to mess with a pressurized system which will cost over
> several hundred dollars.

I'd like to hear from someone who's actually used this too. I've heard a
few bad reviews of the Ceomat system (also archived on the Krib), but
never heard anything good (yet).  Over at a famous web site selling
various CO2 injection systems (including the Ceomat), they rave about it.

  - Erik

---
Erik D. Olson					         amazingly, at home
eriko at wrq_com