finding out stuff [how to]

Probably the best place to look for information first is the Krib before
the archives. The Krib is arranged hierarchically but once you discover
it's basic layout, you can find a lot of information very quickly! How
about a "Road-Map" on the base page and various nodes, Erik?

I find the archives difficult to search sometimes. For my search
purposes, I'd be happy to have a Unix grep command to search with
because it lets me create a much more flexible search pattern to find
what I want faster. As for arcane, what could be more intuitive than a
search pattern like "[Ff]oot[ -]*[Cc]andle" ?? ;-)

Steve