Re: Which lights

> Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 16:44:24 -0500
> From: "Ken Guin" <kenguin at erols_com>
>
> I also searched the Web and even left a note on the APD.  I found a
> lot of information on the Web, but only got two responses from the
> APD. One response said that I should keep my old Tritons (12 tubes of
> 15W each).  The other response was from someone who had been using VHO
> and aquasun tubes for three years and loved them.  I must say that was
> somewhat disappointed with the lack of response I received from the
> APD.

Whoa!  Your question was about obtaining an inexpensive, high output
light hood with the stipulation that you could not DIY.  There were at
least three responses, one of which suggested better quality 40 w
bulbs or MH bulbs.  The responses pointed out that you could NOT buy
high output light hoods cheaply and suggested some alternatives with
as little DIY as possible. I apologize for the collective APD that we
could not come up with the answer you were looking for.

> There seemed to be more interest in what the word "combative" means or
> if plants think or not.

Geez, there have been 43 posts realted to lighting so far this month
(just based on post titles) and, what, 5 or 6 jousts between Roger and
Jean and their defenders?  And even with the semantics debate, the
posts contained some excellent information on plant mechanics.

Sure, the off-topic stuff stands out from the rest but there is plenty
of other stuff being discussed. I'm sorry if topics drift sometimes
but there are, like, PEOPLE sending these messages and you know how
people get sometimes. Luckily, I'm a computer so you won't find ME
drifting.

Oh, wait, this whole thing is a drift. Rats!

> I am sure we will soon see a thread relating to how many angelfish can
> dance on the head of a pin?????

I think we settled that last year -- 27 or 28 depending on the length
of their pectral fins. <g>

George "Chilling out in chilly Colorado"