Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #1076

> Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 22:07:54 -0500
> From: krandall at world_std.com
> Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #1073
>
> Subject: DIY C02
>
> Augie wrote:
>
> >The
> >recipe I have had the most luck with (2 liter) is from a post of Karen
> >Randalls from back in March of 95 (Petpro Forum): 2 tsp yeast, 3 cups
> >sugar, to that I've added 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp whole wheat flour.
>
> Gee, there I go getting mis-quoted again.<g>
>
> I have always used 2C sugar and 1 tsp yeast (plus water , of course) in
> yeast reactors.  I have never felt the need to add anything else.

  Karen,

  I understand that you are misquoted quite often, however, not this
time. You were   responding to a question from Christopher Sprando
concerning wet/dry filters and C02   on March 17, 1995. The first
paragraph explained what a yeast reactor is, the second   and third told
how to build one, and the fourth was your recipe: "The recipe I use is
3 cups sugar, 2 teaspoons of yeast and fill to within 3" of the top with
luke warm     water". The full text can be found at:
www.athiel.com/lib/yeastrea.txt.
  That said, is this the problem, too much sugar (reaching toxic level
of alcohol too     soon and killing the yeast prematurely)?

  TIA,
  Augie