Creeping Plants

I've been reading the list for a while and was wanting some input. I have a
77 gal. tank with 160 watts of Chroma 50 over the top. The problem is my
H.polysperma and Ludwigia are creeping across the bottom. They have a nice
red color and appear healthy. Is this too much light or not enough? It's
been suggested there's enough light, if that's the case, how can I get them
to grow up? Plant them closer together? Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Jennifer
in wet, cloudy B.C.