RE: Duckweek and nitrogen fixation

> Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 00:25:55 -0500 (EST)
> From: TYELLA at aol_com
>
> Hello all,
>       I may be misremebering, but doesn't duckweed fix atmospheric
nitrogen?
>  If so, it may cause some problems.   I doubt, however, that an aquarium
>  will ever be nitrogen limited, so maybe there will be no problem at all.

I add substantial amounts of KNO3 to my tanks in order to keep the nitrate
levels at 5+ ppm.  Heavily planted tanks can easily be nitrogen limited.

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://home.istar.ca/~fir