VHO

To all those dissing VHO.  It is easy in this hobby to obsess about
watts per lumen and other numeric minutia.  I use one aquasun on a
55-gallon and grow some pretty red plants, ones that "experts" recommend
3+ watts per gallon.  Also is it possible that the more intense point
source penetrates water better than the diffuse 40 watts job, vis a vis
hid?  I will soon be switching to Interelectrics  wide spectrum VHO.  At
10.30 ea in quantity and 15 locally this bulb is cheaper than anything
on the market.  It designed for industrial greenhouse use.  Also the
aesthetics of having one tube sure beat the science project look.