Re: Phosphates and Carbon

>I believe that the whole idea behind the activated carbon replacement
>products, is that all activated carbon leaches some phosphate into
>the water.  Since this is a concern, especially with reef tanks, some
>advertisements for activated carbon list the phosphate content.  I
>guess the higher quality activated carbon only leaches a very small
>amount.

You're right ! There is, however, some things to do agains the phosphates :
- Water changes (10% at least per week)
- To use the DuplaCristal
- To use a Deltec denitrator (the best in the world !!!) In under some special conditions, it can remove the phosphates (or a great quantity at least).

Deltec is made by Marine aquaristik, and the use of such a denitrator in fresh water is a great thing. Bye bye Algae !!! :-) But in that case, it's good to place a redox controller at the output of the denitrator.

JP

            ()_()
            (° °)
 +------oo0--(º)--0oo------+
 |       ŒŒŒ     ¹¹¹       |Achetez Mac Os 8 !!! / Buy Mac Os 8 !!!
 |  Jean-Paul  Chicheret   |  http://www.macos.apple.com/macos8/
 |    2,route de Dijon     |
 | 21600 LONGVIC - FRANCE  |
 |                         | jpc25 at calva_net
 | Tel: 33(0)3-80-67-14-99 | jpmac at planetb_fr
 | FAX: 33(0)3-80-31-87-82 | Jean-Paul.Chicheret at inforoute_cgs.fr