Slow turnover of water in substrate

Hi Roger,

Looks like you are the right person for some explanation.
I have posted this awhile back but did not get any reply.
Would appreciate your input.

TIA
Casey Huang

yhplsing at singnet_com.sg

Hi All,

Could someone please offer an explanation concerning
oxygen requirements for plants root.

According to TOA there should be slow / small movement
of water in the substrate through substrate heating so
as not to have too much oxygen in the substrate inorder
to get reduction type of processes for the nutrients in
substrate so that the nutrients can be easily absorbed
by the plants.

According to books about Hydroponics the nutrients are
mixed by aeration with the air hose in the culture trough
to have more oxygen in the nutrients to support the
metabolic processes associated with root formation and
subsequent growth.

The same for Aeroponics which is self explanatory from
Aero in the word Aeroponics.

????

TIA
CASEY HUANG