Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #1052

From: Stephen Pushak <teban at powersonic_bc.ca>
Subject: natural light intensity

<< How feasible is it to use natural light (no sunlight) to light an aquatic
plant tank? I have a hunch that its important to get about a half an hour to
an hour of sunlight. >>

I don't know how "important" it is, but I can tell you that my 75G planted
community does *much* better during the summer hours where it receives some
morning sunshine till about 10:30.  The plants still benefit from the limited
light coming in the window during the winter months, but with the lessened
intensity/duration you can see a difference.

No matter how hard we try, duplicating the original "light" is impossible.

Susan