[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

"Thai" Algae Eaters

> From: Earle Hamilton <ehami at sunny_ncmc.cc.mi.us>
> Subject: Thai algae eater
>  Thai algae eater is the name used in the wholesale trade for the SAE.  

Always be sure to rely on more than the name when purchasing them.  I
have seen the "False" SAE sold as "Thai Flying Fox" and other names.
And they're hard to distinguish when young if you've never had them before.
When you buy, bring a copy of the Sarakontu/Frank article to help you ID.
:)  http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/AGA/cyprinid.html (among other places).

    - Erik

Erik D. Olson					         amazingly, at home
eriko at wrq_com