Sylvania bulb & shop lights

> The specific bulbs I use
> are GE SPX-50 (5000K) and Sylvania Octron (6500K).

My Sylvania catalog (probably old) lists only three T-8 Octron bulbs:
3100K, 3500K & 4100K. Using the lamb ordering abbreviations for these
bulbs as reference, I'm guessing that the order code for the 48" 6500K
is FO40/65K. Karen, would you look on your bulb to see if this is
correct? Thanks.

Question to anyone with experience:

Would the bi-pin lamp holders for T-12 bulbs hold T-8 bulbs? I'm
thinking about switching from T-12 to T-8 lamps in my existing
shoplight-based hood. If the lamp holders work for T-8 bulbs, I should
be able to switch by simply replacing the ballasts with electronic
ballasts. Am I correct? Thanks for any advise.

--
Shiao Y. Wang
University of Southern Mississippi