Water Changes

Jeff wrote:  >>>To all aquarist out there, this is an advice from
personal experience .
Whenever you do your weekly change of water, please do not refill your
tank
too fast. This is because if the temperature of the water is different
from
your tank's water, your fish might get white spot due to sudden change
of
temperature. Remember to top up your tank slowly at a rate that will not
shock your fish. >>>

I think I picked this up from George:  I put one of those strip
thermometers (with adhesive on the back) right on the water faucet.  I
don't get more than a degree F. temperature change when I do a 40% water
change in my 125 gal.  I can almost do as well with my hand judging the
temperature, but once in a while I miss by a couple of degrees.

Regards, Steve Dixon