Removing algae from wood...

Oh boy what a bummer. I took a brief vacation, and when I came back I was
planning on tearing my 20g planted tank down and upgrading it to
a 30g.Well needless to say I have major algae, dead plants, and what not.
My problem is how to get the green algae off the wood. I was using some
steel wool, that seemed to work. Then I boiled them both for sometime.
Anyways, any other suggestions?? Sandpaper? or maybe a sandblaster?

Thanks

Michael McGrath

"God mad Adam first so he could think of a good answer for his first
question Eve was going to ask." -- Unknown