Urea as fertilizer?

Hello,
	I am an absolute beginner with plants and would like help in
clearing a doubt. A friend of mine told me that he has been using urea
crystals as fertilizer with great results in his tank for some time now.
Has anyone tried this? Is it safe and if it is, what's the recommended
dosage? Any idea on how it might affect the water chemistry and the fish?

	Thanks for any information.
Anupam.

 Anupam Basu.            | May the
 <anupam at comports_com>   |     F o r c e
 Calcutta, India.        |           be with you.