Curiouser and Curiouser; Hmmm.

There seems to be a lot going on in the water we drink.  After reading
all the posts regarding The Case Of The Tap Water Mystery I decide to
test the tap water again, this time the co2 test was titrated to it's
end point, and tests were done on a sample that was boiled, one from the
RO unit and one that sat for 2 days in a glass exposed to bright light
(I currently have one sitting in the dark to see if light has an effect
on any acids the sample may contain).  For better or for worse here are
the results so far:
(recalibrated Pinpoint PH meter, LaMotte alkalinity and Co2 test kits)

			PH	Kh	Co2
Tap			5.75	3.8	215ppm
Boiled			6.8	3.8	30ppm
RO			4.5	.784	210ppm
Tap 2 day light		7.4	3.8	10ppm
Tap 2 day dark	(underway)

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. I'm not as sure about
what's causing what as I was yesterday.
All I can say for sure is that my family doesn't seem to be adversely
effected form drinking the water these past 13 years and the fish
(discus) are thriving.
If any of the above appears to corroborate anyone's notion as to what is
causing the aberrant co2 readings, I'd sure like to hear it, especially
the RO co2 #.  And if anyone would like to suggest an experiment that
might clear things up a bit, I game.

Ed