Test Kits and CO2 reactors

> Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 17:06:48 -0400
> From: Martyn Mitchell <kathmart at istar_ca>
> Subject: PMDD problem

> I am having great difficulties obtaining appropriate iron
> concentrations using PMDD. I'm using the Sears recipe and dosing
> recommendations as found in the Krib .

As others have said, get a good test kit. I tried a few others before I
finally bought a LaMotte. Now my only regret is that I didn't buy the
LaMotte sooner.

> Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 13:23:30 -0800
> From: Charles Rogers <crogers at akcb_com>
> Subject: Sandpoint CO2 system
>
>         Does anyone have any experience with the Sandpoint system? I was wondering how their reactor worked?

I have one. It works, but that's about the best thing that I can say
about it. It's made of cheap plastic, and it will break. The joints
become sticky and hard to separate for cleaning. It is not the best
design that I've seen, but it will get CO2 into your water in a fairly
efficient manner.

Pat Bowerman