[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Turtles and plants
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com (Aquatic-Plants)
- Subject: Turtles and plants
- From: "David W. Webb" <dwebb at ti_com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 16:24:43 -0500
- Conversation-Id: <BMSMTP8768640415a0206807 at dsks52_itg.ti.com>
>Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 19:29:22 +0000 (GMT)
>From: Gerry Skau <gerry at ans_net>
>Subject: Turtles and Plants
>I recently converted a 20 gallon long into a turtle tank for my 8 year old
>daughter. (She has wanted turtles for years). Of course I can't stand the
>site of a tank with no plants in it. :-( The pet store had suggested
>Anacharis but these are Musk Turtles, they said to keep them at 80 degrees
>and 80 degrees and Anacharis just don't go together. The pet people said
>the turtles do like Anacharis.
I've grown the following very successfully at 80F+. Anacharis ;-), Java
Fern, Rotala rotundifolia, Hygrophila difformis, Anubias barterii var.
nana, Cryptocoryne wendtii, Nymphaea stellata, Lilaeopsis brasiliensis,
Alternathera reineckii, and a bunch of others.
David W. Webb Texas Instruments
(972) 575-3443 (voice) http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb
(214) 581-2380 (pager) 2145812380 at alphapage_airtouch.com