PMDD problem

Hi from Canada:

I am having great difficulties obtaining appropriate iron
concentrations using PMDD. I'm using the Sears recipe and dosing
recommendations as found in the Krib .

The water here is absolutely brutal so I'm forced to use 100% RO for
changes.

I am using a Sera test kit. When adding PMDD at recommended dosage to
100L RO during water changes my test kit registers zero ppm iron.

I then did a test adding PMDD to 1 litre of RO. It took the addition of
approx. 1 ml PMDD to read between 0 and .25mg/L iron content.

This means that I would have to add 100 ml PMDD to my 100 L of change
water? Can this possibly be right?

Having said all that, I inadvertently left a completed iron test on the
counter last night that had indicated zero iron after the 3 minute
waiting period as indicated by the mfg.

When I looked at it this morning the test registered 0.5mg/L iron
content. Could it be that the test actually took this long to read
correctly?

The plants in the tank are somewhat stunted (except for a couple of
Apongeton crispus) could they be starving due to lack of iron? (the tank
has a laterite substate).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Martyn Mitchell
In sunny Milton (near Toronto) where we are experiencing the most
awesome fall I can remember.