Re: Dupla cables

> Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 11:02:28 -0400
> From: "Frank I. Reiter" <FIR at istar_ca>
>
> Actually, there was no typo (or at least that wasn't it.)  The cables
> are indeed intended for 42V, which is the problem.  While beefy 24V
> transformers are quite common, as you point out above, large 42V
> transformers are a pretty rare breed.

I might be coming into this thread late, but Dupla cables sold in the
US are designed for 24V operation. The Optimum Aquarium book mentions
42V but that is for European use only. I have measured the output of
the Dupla transformer running my 250W Dupla cables and it is indeed
24V.

BTW, I have been using two 100VA (24V @ 4A) tranformers wired in
parallel for many years to drive 200 watt cables. One should be
careful to make sure the equivalent taps are connected together to get
the phasing correct.

George