Re:Electric Amquel !!!

Exactly the same thing happened to me maybe 10 days ago with a new bottle
of Pond Care's Aquatic Plant Stimulant.  My suspicion is that the solution
acts like a battery storing up all the static charges that the bottle has
received and that opening it allows the charge to get to ground through the
unwary consumer.