Lighting in my hood

Where is the ballast in the cheapo shop lights? Also If I use t-8's that
are 30 watts I will need a lot of lights for my tanks. I have a 140
gallon and if I use 2 (is that even enough) watts per gallon that would
mean that I need [140x2]/30=9.33 t-8 bulbs. Im not sure I can fit more
than 6 (3 pair) lights under the hood. Maybe 4 pair. That would also
mean that I would need 3 ballasts (maybe 4). Those things are BIG. How
do other people overcome lights on big tanks. My tank is 72 inches long
and 19 deep. If I put 3 pair I could fit them like this in the hood

	________
	  ________
	    ________

If I did 4 pair I could fit them like this

	________
	    ________
	________
	    ________