Plantex CSM Secondary Plant Nutrient Mix

I am experimenting with Plantex CSM as a micro-nutrient. The directions are as follows:  Use 1/2 oz to 1 oz per 100 gallons in a regular constant feed program. The 1/2 oz rate will give the following nutrient concentration in solution:
	Iron................................2.6 ppm
	Manganese....................0.75 ppm
	Magnesium....................0.56 ppm
	Molybdenum.................0.023 ppm

The sources are sodium ferric eythlenediaminetetraacetate (EDTA), disodium manganese (EDTA), disodium magnesium (EDTA), disodium zinc (EDTA), diammonium copper (EDTA), and sodium molybdate.

At 5 lbs. for $25 it seem like a deal and it should last a while.

I have delivered the mix by placing a small amount in a catheter syringe and placing the tip in the skim box were it leaches out over the course of the day.  I have only just started doing this. I used to use Sea Chem Flourish by the same delivery method.  I want opinions on whether I can use this as a substrate additive.  My tank recently had to be rebuilt in a hurry as it sprung a leak.  I plan to use gravel, kitty litter (Cats Pride Red is pure clay no additives, I called Oil Dry Corp.) and some Dupla laterite.  I think the CSM might add a nice kick if kept anoxic.

I was also wondering if anyone has experimented with plenums, a la live sand N.N.R. setups in salt, to achieve the substrate water movement that Horst & Horst suggest in The Uber Aquarium.  I am trying to find a way to get results without being a mad scientist or breaking the bank.  I come from the background of a professional ornamental plant grower, the CSM powder is a commercial hydroponics additive.  From my university training believe most nutrient imbalances will be taken up in luxury consumption by the plants.  Can anyone recommend a source of potassium?

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef