Terra Cotta shards

Just wanted to say thanks for the info on the malachite green. Boy that was
a lively thread !
I have a question,  I have some terra cotta pottery shards, would these
provide enough trace iron when submerged?  How much of a pH drop would be
required for this to occur if any Fe was present in terra cotta.  I only
asked this because I noticed the redness of the shards and I was thinking
of tieing on some Riccia, if I can ever find a place that has this stuff.
Whats a good substitute for Riccia while I have your attention?

THanks all

Jeff Chow
In Barstow where its 94 degree F, and just a tad too humid.