Re: black back on acrylic tank

The biggest drawback to the black back tanks is that you can't change your
mind without buying a whole new tank.  One alternative I've found is a vinyl
background from Petscape.  Unlike "regular" background papers, these go on
sort of like wet contact paper or maybe wallpaper, and look about the same
as if the glass were painted - except no streaks, cloudy patches or bubbles.
At $4-$5 per linear foot, they are inexpensive and simply peel off if you
ever want to change.

They may not be easy to find, but I've been very happy with them.

jim