Re: Bending plastic tubing

I bend rigid plastic (acrylic) tubing by heating it in boiling water
or with a propane flame. It becomes soft and easily bends to form
most any shape. To make a U bend I take a long piece, heat it, blow
into it gently to increase the internal airpressure to keep it from
crimping, and bend it. Then I run it under cold water to harden it. I
also make pipettes and such this way, stretching the tubing. It is
very much like working with glass (common with chem or bio work). You
can also make specialized T's, Y's, etc as needed. I keep an
assortment of tube diameters on hand for quick makeups.

Cheers,

-Walter