[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: I have an Ich problem
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: I have an Ich problem
- From: "Louis Lin" <lhclin at aw_sgi.com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 11:30:12 -0400
- In-Reply-To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest) "Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #973" (Sep 24, 3:48am)
- References: <199709240748.DAA23276 at acme_actwin.com>
Jeffrey Chow wrote:
> I have the ich remover but I don't know how this will react with my plants.
> I heard that the malachite green has a copper base to it and that this
> could kill my plants. What should I do?
I did some research when I got ich in my plant tank back in March. Malachite
green does not contain copper and the consensus is it is reasonablely plant
safe. I did not lost any plant during the treatment.
You can read about my ich outbreak in my page:
I also have a list of plants I have so those plants should be okay (except
E. tellenus, H. leucocephala and H. colorita, they were not in my tank
during the treatment).