CO2 and KH

> From: RevWCw at aol_com
>
> Distilled water is the purest form of water and will certainly lower
> both kH and gH.  The kH will depend on the amount of CO2 dissolved in the
> water.

Your first sentence is correct, but I'm pretty sure the second is not.  KH
(and GH) just depends on how much "salts" have been dissolved in the water
(which is why they dilute linearly with deionized water).  As you dissolve
CO2 in the water, the *pH* will lower, but the KH stays the same.

I'm sure a buncha others will also be saying the same reply, probably a
lot better and with acid-base equilibrium diagrams. :)

  - Erik

---
Erik D. Olson					         amazingly, at home
eriko at wrq_com