Re: Hard Water

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 21:01:33 +0000 (GMT)
From: Gerry Skau <gerry at ans_net>

Here's a question for general discussion. Hard water is caused by a
concentration of minerals in the water, if I am not mistaken?

Yep. Mostly Ca and Mg for "general hardness" and mostly "bicarbonates"
for "carbonate hardness".  Other stuff will add a little to one or the
other.

> Would it be possible then to soften water safely by diluting it with
> distilled water?

Absolutely. One part hard water and one part distilled water makes two
parts of water that is half as hard as the hard water.

Well, I guess that wasn't much a discussion.

George