suggestions for easy carpet plant?

>Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 18:52:56 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Ryk.Sheppard at oberlin_edu
>
>'ello
>im kinda new to this, i currently have a 25 gallon tank with an eclipse
>on it(it has 2 15 watt bulbs) and im planning on doing a planted set up
>my current plan is to mix laterite, vermiculite and some peat in with sand
>for the bottom layer of substrate, and then cover it with a cap of clean
>sand.
>i was wondering if anyone might have some suggestions for plants i could
>use for a short carpet, so far ive heard of dwarf sag, and pygmy swords,
>but i think they may get to high for what i need, i think i want something
>that would stay 4 inches or under.
>thanx

One carpet plant that I'm familiar with is Lilaeopsis.  It's leaves are
from 1-3" long when submersed.  It is a high-light plant though, and may
not make it under your lighting.

Tropica has a write-up on it on their web page, and I have photos of mine
at my site:
http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb/aquarium/angel_and_l_brasiliensis.jpg  I had a
spirogyra infestation as well at the time the picture was taken, so be
aware that the algae-looking masses are exactly that.

--
David W. Webb           Texas Instruments
(972) 575-3443 (voice)  http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb