[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Dosers, and making them...
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Dosers, and making them...
- From: "Louis Lin" <lhclin at aw_sgi.com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 16:04:35 -0400
- In-Reply-To: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com (Aquatic Plants Digest) "Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #956" (Sep 15, 3:48pm)
- References: <199709151948.PAA09478 at acme_actwin.com>
> Has anyone tried to make a doser and had success? I've read a number of
> articles that used sealed containers in conjuction with air pumps and
> timers. Anyone make one of these? Also have seen articles on IV bags.
> Any takers on that one?
Not exactly a doser, but I made a water replacement unit using
humidifer float value and a 5 gallon bucket in my salt water tank.
Basically it is just a the float value installed in the sump (or
tank if you don't have a sump) and gravity feed by the bucket of
replacement water. It costs about $12 Cdn.
I suppose you can add whatever you want to dose into the bucket
in the right concentration if you can figure out your rate of