Goldfish with which plants?

Goldfish are not tropical fish. You need to provide the conditions goldfish
need first--usually an unheated tank 75F or less in temp with basic water.
And goldfish are best kept only with other goldfish. Centuries of breeding
for odd shapes has left them somewhat fragile and clumsy (in terms of
competing for food and avoiding algae eaters, e.g.).

You're right that they won't eat Java ferns or anubias but a tank in which
crypts and aponos grow well is more than likely not suitable for goldfish.
But check your conditions ...

> All the posting about goldfish, made me want some.  I have been wanting
> to put some in a 20-gal that I already have established.  The plants in
> there are anubias, java fern, a crypt (unknown sp. but it is small) and
> a  aponegeton (sp. unknown too, but a while back it sent up a white
> flower  spike).  I was otld that goldfish will not eat the java or
> anubias.  But  will they touch (I guess munch on) the crypt and apono?

Greg. Tong
gtong at sirius_com

"Often, the things that change are less interesting than those that stay
the same."--Aaron Fleisher