Re: T-8 Ballast Question

> Does anyone know of a source for T-8 electronic ballasts for 2 30" watt
> bulbs or 2 15 watt bulbs?  Mine are getting old and it seems that
> Coralife no longer makes them.

T8s are all over the place. If you want aquarium specialty lamps, you'll
pay more for those. You can also order lamps from commercial lighting
suppliers or Graingers, if there's a local store.

Don't get stuck looking for 30-watt T-8s. Rather go with the length of the
lamp. Depending on if the lamp is preheat, rapid start, etc., they can vary
slightly in wattage.

> Furthermore, the fella who answered the customer service line at That
> Fish Place told me that the only T-8 bulbs which are made now are 15
> watt bulbs.  Have 30 watt T-8 fallen out of favor that much?

What a ridiculous thing for TFP to say considering that T-8 lamps are the
industry standard for efficient lighting. See above.

Greg. Tong
gtong at sirius_com

"Often, the things that change are less interesting than those that stay
the same."--Aaron Fleisher