Re: Airstones

Hi all,
  I did not like the price of wooden airstones when I started useing a
protein skimmer.  A pair of diffusers run about $6 ($5.99) here.  So I
went to my local wood working store and bought enough bass wood to make
about 50+ diffusers for $6!  Just be sure to cut the wood so the end
grain is on the sides of the diffuser (output will be half otherwise, I
learned tyhis the hard way ;) ).  You may need to buy one diffuser just
to get the nipple that acts as an interface between wood and airline.

Have fun
Bjorn