seed pods?

Can anyone identify what appear to be seed pods that float to the top of
my tank?  They are green, ~3/8" long, ~3/16" wide, bell shaped with
four points at the end where the flower would be.

         |^^|     <--- "flower" end (closed)
         |  |
          \/      <--- stem end

I can't find them attached  to anything, so I have no idea where they are
coming from.  I have various hygrophila, rotala, and ludwigia sp. along
with bacopa and egeria naja.  An exact list of plants is at my website
http://www.scs.uiuc.edu/~abishop/aquarium.html

If they are seeds, I would appreciate any advice on how to germinate them.

Thanks

Adeana in Urbana, Ill. where summer has returned