Nymphaea flower

Last night, I noticed a pink something on the edge of my glass, above the
water line.  I knew that I couldn't have apple snail eggs, because I no
longer have apple snails in the tank.  So, I went and looked.

A 1/2" thick stalk proceeded up from my Nymphaea Stellata, terminating in a
large, hot pink flower.  It hasn't fully opened yet, but it looks like it's
going to be about 5-6" diameter.

Here's my question:  Are Nymphaea Stellata self-fertile, or should I just
enjoy this flower while it lasts?  It sure is pretty.  :-)

David W. Webb           Texas Instruments
(972) 575-3443 (voice)  http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb
(214) 581-2380 (pager)  2145812380 at alphapage_airtouch.com