Re: Hyrra like things

> Anyone have experience with some hydra like organisms.  I have found
> some in my tank after adding some new plants (un-diped) and they have
> appeared to increased in number.

These could well be a colony of "moss animals" or byrazoan (sp?).  I had
them in my tanks many years ago.  They are filter feeders and fun to
observe under a high power magnifier.  There are about 10 to 20 tenticles
that show cilia under a microscope.  Enjoy them.  They will not harm
anything.
However, it could be you have hydra.  Isuggest taking a sample to a local
community college bio prof or even an elementtary school science teacher
and check it against a pond book field guide.