Plants dieing off

This is very odd. I had a hunk of wodd that had some java fern on it. For
about 6 months it grew crazy. About a month ago, it started to brown and
just die off. Nothing in this tank had changed. Now the bolbitus plant
that is right behind that is starting to die off. I purchased this plant
at an auction at the end of april, and it has just exploded, covering
about 1/4 of my 30g tank. Whats up? do some plants just die off and grow
back. I've read about crypts and vall doing this, so thought I would ask.
Thanks.
<Mike

|   mcgrath at mad_scientist.com  |
|  Junk mail me, I will junk   |