Re: Aponogeton crispus

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 97 13:52:07 PST8
From: spushak at CCGATE_HAC.COM
Subject: Re: Aponogeton crispus

     Merle McCartney <mccartmg at wmvx-mail_lvs.dupont.com> asked about A
     crispus:

     > Can I pollinate from one spike to another on the same plant?

     My understanding is that you need two A crispus to pollinate. Other
     Aponogetons (like the lace plant) can be self-fertilized. Some can be
     successfully fooled by mixing pollen from another Aponogeton species
     with their own pollen.

I've successfully self-pollinated A. crispus.  I have a few sprouting seeds
growing in my tank right now from a single A. crispus flower.

David W. Webb           Texas Instruments
(972) 575-3443 (voice)  http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb
(214) 581-2380 (pager)  2145812380 at alphapage_airtouch.com