Flourescent Lighting

Eric wrote:

>A broader note about lighting:  I would STRONGLY recommend to
>anyone considering what bulbs to buy not to just use one type.

I second that emotion.  Not only are we interested in encouraging
plant growth, but also in having a display that is attractive and
relaxing to look at.  I have tried using Grow-Lux bulbs and Vitalites
but found the yellowish hue to be unacceptable.  A Normal Output
fluorescent which I would recommend (though somewhat expensive)
and haven't seen mentioned much here is Rainbow Lifeguard's Bio-
Lume.  It has a soft bluish tone that seems to accentuate the green
in my plants.

Jonathan in Maryland, where we may tie the record for the driest
summer on record.
Energetics, Inc
7164 Gateway Drive
Columbia, MD 21046