Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #883

> >Mylar, although more reflective than the aluminum, doesn't fulfill
> >the need for grounded shielding.
>
> Roger, are you SURE of that???

Gosh, now that you mention it, no.  I just assumed the reflective
surface wouldn't make the plastic conductive.  Be right back...

I just went hunting about the house for some reflective mylar.  I found a
potatoe chip bag and measured the resistance along the reflective side of
the bag where it was exposed along the seam.  It wasn't conductive and
now my wife is *sure* I'm crazy.

So if the potatoe chip bag is representative, reflective mylar isn't
conductive and won't make a grounded shield.

> - --
>
> Dave Gomberg, FormMaestro!                     http://www.wcf.com
>  gomberg at wcf_com
>   Help stop Internet spam! Join CAUCE:   http://www.cauce.org/