Re: Optimum current in planted tank + H corymbosa

> I'm curious about other folks observations of H corymbosa and stem
> melting of Hygrophila species in general.

We once had a N. stricta (or whatever variant) that we allowed to run
wild.  It began to grow emersed in our open top tank and quickly
became a "bush" growing out of the tank.  It flowered continuously
with pretty little blue/purple flowers.

We did nothing with the roots but noticed that the original stem
slowly disappeared as the mass of roots became denser.  Some of the
roots going from the surface to the substrate took on the appearance
of stems - it got a mangrove-like look.

So, I guess I would vote for "natural phenomenon.

George