DIY info needed

Hi from Canada:

	I've been browsing the archives for hours in an attempt to find a
!complete! description of how to build your own substrate heating cable
system.
	I have found many bits and pieces, however ,those of us who are not
well versed in electrical engineering could benefit from a consolidated
and detailed description of the parts required, pertinent specs as well
as a schematic description.
ie.
 transformer - xxVAC/XXVDC, XXmA etc.
 cable - XXOhms/ft, xxFeet, insulation, terminations
 thermostat/thermocouple??
 etc. etc...

Does anybody know of a specific archive document or other source that
might deliver this info?

Many thanks
Martyn Mitchell